My news paper is an application that creates your own news paper from a variety of news sources.
- Topics you may be interested in (Sports, Business, Tech etc.) (2 to 10 topics)
A newspaper gathers news about your topics and the sub-topics. You can create a newspaper in your own format. You can get some inspiration from:
Features – Essential
- Find a set of newspapers which support RSS feeds or look at newspapers that support NewsML format.
- Gather news items from RSS feeds
- Filter them based on topics, sub-topics
- List the news items in a SPA (single page app)
- For each news item, extract the first paragraph and display it as a snippet
- For each news item, extract key phrases (one or two word terms) and create tags
Features – Desirable
- Remove duplicates or group similar items (you can do this with a set of simple rules or using vectorization and similarity scores)
- Allow users to add/delete news sources
- Allow users to edit topics/sub topics
Features – Nice to have
- Allow users to control the layout (list view, grid view, split view similar to Google News)
- A linked tag cloud of terms and clicking on a term will display all the news items that contain the term in the title+first paragraph
- Add a real time search filter. When a user types a term (word or phrase) – it filters the results by the term and shows only those items that contain the term.